Election Commission of India
ECI Voter Registration 2018 Apply Online
1. Passport size color Photograph
2. Identity Proof
3. Address Proof
New User Can Also Register For New Voter Id
ONLINE PROCEDURE LINKS
New Voter Registration
Overseas Voter Registration
Search Your Name
Correction in Electoral Roll
Know Your Booth AC / PC
Know Your BLO | ERO / DEO
Disclaimer: The Examination Results / Marks published in this Website is only for the immediate Information to the Candidates an does not to be a constitute to be a Legal Document. While all efforts have been made to make the Information available on this Website as Authentic as possible. We are not responsible for any Inadvertent Error that may have crept in the Examination Results / Marks Etc. being published in this Sarkari Results Today Website and for any loss to anybody or anything caused by any Shortcoming, Defect or Inaccuracy of the Information on this Website.
VOTER ID – INDIA
· The Indian voter ID card is an identity document issued by the Election Commission of India which primarily serves as an identity proof for Indian citizens while casting votes in the country’s municipal, state, and national elections. It also serves as general identity, address, and age proof for other purposes such as buying a mobile phone SIM card or applying for a passport. It is also known as Electoral Photo ID Card (EPIC). It was first introduced in 1993 during the tenure of the Chief Election Commissioner TN Seshan.
Obtaining voter card
· The voter card is issued to all Indian citizens who have attained the age of 18 years and qualify to be a voter. One has to apply on prescribed Form-6 of Election Commission attached with proof of ID, Indian nationality, age and residence.
· Those of “unsound mind”, convicted of “corrupt practices”, or offenses related to elections are ineligible from voting.
· Applicants have to submit paper Form-6 to their Municipal Corporation / Cantonment Board of the area.
· Applicants can also apply online on the website of the chief electoral officer given for that State.
· If a person moves his/ her residence to another assembly constituency then he does not remain a valid voter of previous constituency. The person has to register afresh as voter in the new assembly constituency. Hence the new card is issued and old card becomes invalid.
How to Apply for Voter ID card Online
· You need two types of documents to get your voter ID
· These are age proof and address proof
· You can upload documents online to apply for a voter ID
If you don’t have a voter identity card, you aren’t eligible to cast your vote in India. You need to have a voter ID card and your name should be present on the voter list. It’s quite easy to get a voter ID card in India even if the process takes a bit of time – you can even apply for one online. Before you do that, you’ll need a few documents.
Documents required to get a voter ID in India
To get a voter identity card, you need two types of documents, which you can scan and upload. These are as follows.
1. One age proof document (such as the ones listed below):
§ Birth certificate issued by municipal authorities or district office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths or Baptism certificate
§ Birth certificate from the school (Government / Recognised) last attended by the applicant or any other recognised educational institution
§ If a person in class 10 or more pass, he should give a copy of the marksheet of class 10, if it contains date of birth as a proof of date of birth
§ Marksheet of class 8 if it contains date of birth
§ Marksheet of class 5 if it contains date of birth
§ Indian Passport
§ PAN card
§ Driving License
§ Aadhar letter issued by UIDAI
2. One Residence proof document (such as those listed below) will also be need to get a voter ID card:
§ Current bank passbook / kisan passbook / post office current passbook
§ Ration card
§ Indian Passport
§ Driving License
§ Income tax assessment order
§ Latest rent agreement
§ Latest water / telephone / electricity / gas connection bill for that address, either in the name of the applicant or that of their immediate relatives such as parents
§ Any post / letter / mail delivered through the Indian Postal Department in the applicant’s name at the address of ordinary residence
§ You will also need a passport-sized photograph.
Step by Step Process to Apply for Voter ID card Online
Once you have gathered all the required documents, you need to start the process of application online. Follow these steps to apply for a voter ID card online.
§ Go the to the National Voter Services Portal and click Apply online for registration of new voter / due to shifting from AC. Alternatively, you may directly go to the NVSP Form 6 page.
§ Select language from the drop-down menu at the top and then fill in all the details requested. This includes your name, age, address, etc. You’ll also have to upload the relevant documents as mentioned above.
§ Once you’ve filled up the form, double-check everything and then click Submit at the end of the page.
Now you will receive an email with a link that lets you track your voter ID application status. It may take around 30 days for your application to be processed and for a voter ID to be issued. There are some common questions about voter ID online applications we’ve tried to answer below.
Can anyone apply for voter ID online?
Anyone above the age of 18 can apply for a voter ID online in India. However, some persons are not eligible to be on electoral rolls. This includes those who have been declared to be of unsound mind by a competent court; or prisoners; or disqualified from voting due to election related offences or other corrupt practices, among other reasons.
What is the Minimum Age And Maximum Age for Applying for a Voter ID card?
The Minimum Age for applying for a voter ID in India is 18 years. Note that you can’t be registered as a voter if you aren’t 18 years old on January 1 of the year the elections are held. You’ll have to wait for the next calendar year to vote. There is no maximum age for applying for a voter ID. Anyone above the age of 18 is eligible to vote unless they fall under the exceptions mentioned above.
How can NRIs apply for a voter ID card?
NRIs or Overseas Citizens of India can apply for a voter ID online by filling Form 6A on the NVSP website.